As I look at my calendar, I can't believe that it is already the last week of March. Where has this year gone???
My role as PFC President so far has been a true learning experience. I am so grateful for all of the parent volunteers and administrators who have helped me navigate my way through this journey. While I am growing, I feel that I still have so much to learn. I also know when it is time to ask for help and that time is now.
In looking at the current PFC budget, our fundraising is down in excess of $20,000. The funds raised by the PFC are used to support every child at the school in key areas such as:
- Campus Beautification
- College & Career Center
- Computer Technician salary
- Curriculum Assistant
- Finals Fuel
- Principal's Fund
- Special Ed
- Sports Med Intern Program
- Staff Development
- Support Counselors Salaries
- Teacher Appreciation & Luncheon
Here is what I need from you...please!
- Attend the next PFC meeting on Thursday, April 20th @ 7 pm in the library. Hear from the Principal Michael McAlister about what is going on at the school, from Karen Jenkins, the teacher representative about the happenings within the classroom. Our College & Career Center is part of the discussion and will address how we set up our budget for next year. April is "Bring-A-Friend" to the PFC meeting. I would LOVE to see some friendly faces in April.
- Buy a ticket or a table for the PFC FUNdraiser "Under The Big Top" which is April 29th. This is a casual evening of fun carnival games, raffles, silent and live auction, dinner, and dancing. This is the only Fundraiser/Event that benefits ALL of the NHS student body. Please Click Here to get your tickets and learn more about Sponsorship opportunities. PRICES GO UP ON APRIL 1ST!!!
- If you are unable to attend the event but would like to donate to sponsor a teacher, please contact DeeDee Blankley. We invited all of our teachers to attend the event.
- If you are unable to attend the event but have something to donate, please contact Katie Pierceall. We are looking for unused gift cards, vacation homes, wine, airline miles, etc. Anything that you can donate would be so greatly appreciated. If you have a business, consider donating, advertising, or being an event sponsor.
- If you are unable to attend the event but you have some free time to help the Spring Fling Committee, please contact DeeDee Blankley. Right now our committee is very small and we can really use some help.
- If you are unable to attend the event but can help decorate and or set up on the day of the event, please contact Jackie Byrd. We also need help with clean-up and take down at the end of the evening.
That is what I need. I hope you are able to help in one or more of the areas above. I am planning on taking on my role of PFC President for a second year. I truly want to make a difference. Please help me!
If you have any questions or if you need anything from me, please do not hesitate to send me an email or give me a call.
Thank you in advance for helping me. I'm so grateful for each and every one of you!
Have a beautiful week and enjoy your Spring Break!
Northgate High School PFC President, 2016-2017
firstname.lastname@example.org, 925 899-4664